Venture out to a historic neighborhood in your city/town.
Photo, my own.
Lafayette Square, St Louis
Phew! What a mouthful title. Anyway!
A couple of months ago, I visited my best friend in San Francisco. So you see, when you leave two city girls IN a city, our days are filled with endless pours of champagne. By the time 10pm came around, we were pretty much obliterate walking around in a very famish state. Needless to say, we hopped to the nearest pizza hub. While in line, I noticed a bunch of people ordering a weird mix of pizza toppings – Potatoes and Garlic. Of course I had to kill the curiosity cat in me and try it. Oh my god. It was the best damn thing I’ve ever had. Ok, exaggeration.. I was really drunk. But ever since then, I had to recreate the pizza to ensure my drunken stupor did not compromise my taste bud or else, I would be sorely disappointed! 😦 So I DID try to re-make it at home and let me tell you, it was DEEEEE-LI-CIOUS! I love you guys so here’s the recipe!
What you’ll need
Pizza Dough (Feel free to make it from scratch. Since this is a lazy girl cooking guide, I used those thingy in the tub)
A jar of Pistachio Pesto Sauce (Again, feel free to make it from scratch. I didn’t – bought mind from Tar-Jay 😉
A bulb of garlic (Peeled)
Red Yukon Potatoes (Thinly Sliced)
Mozzarella Cheese and Colby Jack Cheese
What you’ll need TO DO
1) Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
2) Roll out pizza dough on pan
3) Evenly spread Pistachio Pesto Sauce on dough followed by a spoonful of minced garlic.
4) Spread sliced potatoes and peeled garlic all over dough.
5) Sprinkle handful of cheese over topping.
6) Place pizza in the oven. Let it bake until edges are golden brown.
7) Slice pizza and enjoy every bite thoroughly.
So this is it! Let me know if you decide to try it! 🙂